Finally, a system to PLAN, LEAD and SUCCEED with EVERY meeting!
How to run effective staff meetings with simple strategies
that build creativity, boost problem solving skills,
allow for follow up, powerful accountability and results for each teacher.
You can have a collaborative team of teachers who work together
Hours and hours of back and forth conversation,
frustration of barely moving the needle at the end of the meeting
and yet another incomplete meeting agenda.
11 MILLION meetings are held in the US each day!
As a leader in your school - you take a small bite out of this big chunk-
let’s make your meetings count!
Here are some shocking statistics for you.
63% of meetings are conducted without a pre-planned agenda.
Over 33% of people that join meetings found them unproductive!
What if I told you that you could reach inside my “Private Vault” and use the strategies and tips to create a meeting where
- every teacher was engaged
- everyone knew their role and responsibility
- everyone came on time
- and everyone took action -- EVERY TIME!
The most common complaints from teachers about meetings are
- No decision made
- Poor preparation
- Individuals dominating
- Could have been communicated through email
- Sidebar conversations
- Stretched out longer than necessary
“Each time that I have introduced Chanie to a group of early childhood leaders, she has inspired them by her knowledge, passion and insight. She is comfortable with many kinds of educators and with sharing ideas that are new or that are being presented with a new twist or understanding.”
~ Sue Topeck, Director of JEP
- Wonder how you can inspire your team during staff meetings?
- Get everyone engaged and showing up on time?
- Make time to personally meet with each teacher to discuss her goals?
- Do you wonder how to translate these meetings into execution and hold her accountable?
- Do you wish that your teachers had crystal clear communication with everyone knowing exactly what their responsibilities are every day with no misunderstandings?
- Maybe you are thinking that you have a mixed group of staff, newbies to veterans and you wish your veteran teachers could share a little more of their knowledge and expertise with everyone else.
I want you to meet Mimi Wilhelm - Director at The Gan in Portland, Oregon
Mimi came to me frustrated that she didn’t have time for individual teacher meetings and that when she actually did make time, it didn’t go anywhere. She couldn't follow up in a way that held the teachers accountable.
“Through using Chanie’s strategies for the one on one meetings with my teachers- it allowed me to create a platform to build great communication with the teachers which then created a space for us to brainstorm ways to deal with issues and implement strategies as needed for each classroom.
It directly influenced the classroom as the teacher felt empowered after our meeting to handle issues or circumstances. I saw teachers growing in their ability to interact with students even better, have better classroom management, have better communication with parents, growth in curriculum and a handle on a student that needed more.
To be honest, more than anything it helped me appreciate and guide teachers rather than believing a teacher was just not cut out for a specific area of teaching.
It has been helping set a tone of professionalism and educational growth in all staff.
I’d say it helped me be a more effective director by freeing up time to focus on meetings and internal structure.”
Do you make these meeting mistakes?
1. Walk in without a crystal clear agenda of what you want covered and what results you want at the end of a meeting?
It’s like walking to the airport and trying to figure out where you want to go on vacation.
Now, I'm all for adventure and mystery- and I love a very specific kind of surprise.
When my husband buys me presents. That’s it.
That's the only surprise I like. Everything else I like to plan for.
2. Come to the meeting with silent prayers that this time will be different.
No new action - no new results!
Effective Meetings are the ones that….
- Are a delight to walk into and a pleasure to walk out of.
- Teachers readily share ideas and everyone is offering input and strategizing together.
- These are the meetings where everyone feels at ease and can be themselves, they trust, there is a clear agenda with goals and results.
And best of all …
EVERYONE takes action
without you running around after them for days or weeks on end.
These are the kinds of meetings you NEED if you want to continue to build your school.
Alissa Peskin is the Curriculum Director in CCJP in PA.
New to the role she wanted to clearly define her position and truly be there for the staff.
She had many great ideas and wanted to strategize with them and make goals attainable for every teacher!
“Had my first kick off meeting with each teacher. It went so well!
We sat down and defined some long term school year, personal goals as well as short term classroom work goals. We broke then down to attainable action steps. I got great feedback. So far so good!
Also, I was able to work on my own goal of stepping up my documentation game. Proud of my first panel, waiting to see where else it takes us! Thanks again for your help!
- Alissa Peskin, Curriculum Director at CCJP in Philadelphia PA
I can help you do this - and you don't need to invest dozens of hours.
These strategies can be implemented at tomorrow's meeting!
Be very honest
have you been talking about following up with teachers one on one for years and still haven't?
Or only sometimes do?
If so, it's time to make change
Effective Meeting Blueprint
With the Effective Meeting Blueprint Mini-Course, you will learn:
The meeting archetypes and the formula that guarantees focus, execution and results!
Skills and the Strategies for each type of meeting
Design thinking - How to get everyone on your team thinking creatively?
How to make time for teacher observation, individual meetings and the framework for follow up and accountability
I will help you take your dream of follow up and make it hard core reality of every meeting.
This is the program that will move you closer to your goals.
You won’t just learn how to run an effective meeting --- you will become a better leader
This is about exercising a new skill of planning, execution and accountability.
Once you learn this skill - you can apply it to every other part of your school and dramatically take you school to a whole new level!
Inside the mini course you will find 5 lessons:
Lesson 1 - The Meeting Archetypes
- 5 meeting Archetypes
- 4 by 4 framework
- 7 part checklist for planning
- Agenda formula that guarantees focus, execution and results!
Lesson 2 - Skills and Strategies
- Skills and Strategy to execute on the
- Problem Solving meeting
- Team Building
Lesson 3 - Curriculum Planning and Brainstorming
- How to do effective reflection with your team?
- Design Thinking - How to get everyone thinking Creatively?
- Meeting framework for curriculum planning and brainstorming meetings.
- Strategies to get everyone coming on time
- A tool for measuring progress
Lesson 4 - Individual Teacher Meetings: The Fireplace Chat
- How to make time in your calendar for individual teacher meetings?
- What the structure of the meeting should be?
- How to follow up with each teacher?
- How to hold them accountable to what you discussed?
Lesson 5 - The Tactical Vault
- Strategies and tips for making the meeting exciting, motivational and getting everyone engaged
- Meeting Etiquette
- Problem solving
What others are saying about the Effective Meeting Blueprint:
"Through using the block and tackle method I stopped trying to do everything at once. I now make the time to do important tasks. What's even better, my team members help me accomplish my goals"
- Margaret Stobbs, Director at Olivia DiMaio Inc. LaSalle, Ontario Canada for 29 years!
"After incorporating the Block and Tackle method - I've created specific times for parent outreach - I'm now moving onto creating this time block for teacher observation.
It's incredible how much the relationships with parents have improved and It really get it done!
No more hoping, wishing and praying that I magically find the time to do it - it's on my calendar and I get it done!"
- Yehudis Steiner, Director at Kinder Sports- Ontario Canada
"Before trying out these new strategies from Effective Meeting Blueprint, we didn't really have a system for personal teaching meeting, observation and follow up.
Now, I started making meetings with my teachers twice a week. Tuesday for an hour and Thursdays for 90 minutes.
I learned about the strategies on a Monday morning, by the end of the week I had met with 3 of my teachers!
I was truly on a high - it was amazing for me and my teachers.
Another thing, I have always wanted to get into the classes and observe., so using the block and tackle method I created a slot in my calendar where I observe in classes.
I was hesitant at first about trying something new - but I LOVE it! My teachers are no longer strangers to me - I know what going on in their lives, and the teachers were thrilled!"
- Pearl Storh, director of Chabad Early Learning Center in Upper West Side NYC
Receive instant, lifetime access to these lessons + bonuses
for a just $197
WHO AM I?
Hi! I’m Chanie Wilschanski and I help EC directors build a school of excellence!
With a decade of experience and extensive training in the Reggio Approach I’ve had the privilege of training thousands of educators spanning 6 continents and 16 countries.
I’ve personally interviewed over 100 directors and asked them for their toughest questions surrounding meetings. I dug into what works and why some things don’t.
Then I researched effective meetings from 5 different markets and connected with dozens and dozens of teachers asking them what they are really want at a meeting.
I asked teachers why they come late?
Why they don’t participate?
Why they don’t take action?
And so many more questions - to really delve into what really makes teachers tick at a meeting.
Now I’ve packaged all this great content and strategies into a proven roadmap that will take where you want to go!
Proven because I’ve tested these ideas with my clients and they are getting incredible results!
As a director you are in meetings a lot!!!
Make them count - don't just go in and out of them
Meet Talia Levine - the EC Director in Miami Florida
Talia was hesitant about working together, unsure how the long distance would work with achieving her goals.
With 192 children and 11 classrooms- Talia meets A LOT!
She NEEDED to own her calendar and make sure it was serving her.
"Working through this framework has been instrumental for the success of the children and the school at large. With 192 children and 11 classrooms, I need a crystal clear blueprint to manage and utilize my time well!
Having time on my calendar to meet with the school psychologist and committing to that time frame has been a game changer in keeping our pulse on each student. Both the school psychologist and I have clarity on EVERY child and their progress.
In addition, I have delegated many tasks to my staff and co workers. This has freed up over 30% of my time to concentrate on other important areas.
Even though Chanie isn't physically in my building she has guided me in becoming a better leader and in making instrumental changes in my role as Early Childhood Director. Her feedback and accountability has kept me on track and enabled me to achieve my goals!"
What you can expect from Effective Meeting Blueprint?
Effective Meeting Blueprint is a self-study mini course:
- you get instant access to the entire course
- You will get 5 mini lessons - each one recorded by me and is about 20-30 minutes long.
- Included are templates and action guides to make it super simple for you to implement these strategies in your school right away!
- You will learn the exact system that I teach my one on one clients and only need to invest a fraction of the cost!
- Support and Accountability along the way - I’ll check in with you through the course, to offer resources and help you every step of the way!
Why a mini course?
A self- study mini course allows you to take the course at your own pace.
In addition, each lesson is very short so it’s easy to digest and take action.
Wendy Gerson's Transformation
Wendy is the director at Darchei Torah in NY with 380 children and 80 teachers!
She came to me with a big dream for her teachers to all be working on the same page.
With a team of that size it can be very daunting to have all moving parts working together.
By incorporating the skills and strategy from the Daily Huddle - (I give you the exact layout in the course.) She was able to support her team in making this a reality!
"The real transformation was with 100% of my staff sitting down and creating lists of responsibilities of what every teacher and an assistant are responsible for. There is more crystal clear communication and as a director I see the difference it makes!"
Do you want 100% results?
Want EVERY teacher to implement what is discussed?
Take massive action!
Follow the blueprint and the guidelines
learn how to follow up with your team and hold them accountable.
It is possible to do this.
Whether you have 4 teachers on your team or 400, these strategies work for teams of all sizes.
1. What if I can't keep up with the course?
Don't worry, you have lifetime access to this course. So take it at your own pace.
2. I don't know how to use technology, will I be able to figure this out?
I designed the course with the least tech possible. Everything is really laid out for you on a silver platter.
There is no complicated software - just login and watch the videos at your own pace.
Should you have any difficulties - I have a team of people waiting to help you
3. Will this really help me follow up with my team and hold them accountable?
Yes! Yes! The strategies that I have laid out work. I’ve tested it out with other schools and directors. Trust the system and execute on it. It will work.
4. How can I be sure these tips and strategies will help inspire my team to be more creative?
I share a lot of techniques and different approaches you can take depending on the type of teachers you have. The only real insurance is if you believe your staff can! And I’m sure you do!
5. Can’t I find all this information on Google?
Maybe, if you sit and google your brains out. But if you could find the answers, you would have found them already and you would have implemented them in your school as well.
But have you?
What EMB will do for you is
provide you will the road map you need
to plan, lead and succeed at every single meeting.
It will provide you with the support you need to implement these strategies.
We all need support - and that's why the DiscoverED directors Lounge is the one of the most supportive online communities for progressive EC directors. Many of you are part of it already and during the duration of this course, I'll be supporting you through it all.
6. What if I take the course and I don't LOVE it?
I invite you to try these strategies in your school for your next meeting. All I ask is that you give it try.
Try the huddle or design thinking or even use the agenda guidelines to prepare more effectively for your meeting that will ensure action taking.
I built this course over YEARS of sitting through hundreds of meetings and then studying how to really create an effective meetings.
I’ve tested out these strategies and ideas as you see from many happy clients. They WORK!
This course isn't just about having an effective meeting (though you will have that)
This course is about truly understanding how to reach your teacher in a way that will truly drive them to take action.
It's about you making behavioral changes and bringing that growth into your school.
And if I can help you leverage this to make more of an impact in your school, reach more children and connect deeper with your team, --- that's a job well done!!!
So my offer is this: join the program and see for yourself - if you absolutely don't love it and the strategies aren't working for your school. Well then, email me within 14 days and you will get 100% of your money back.
So what does this do for you, as the director of your school?
What will your day or week look like after you take this course?
What will your school look like in less than 30 days from now?
- Working LESS and Accomplishing More
- Crystal clear meeting agendas with feel good meetings
- Consistent pulse on what is happening in every classroom
- A collaborative culture where teachers are working together towards your vision
- Teachers helping each other
- Happier children with teachers who are consistent learners
- Consistent and steady growth in the school because you know how to set your goals and reach them!
So let’s recap what you get
- 5 recorded lessons packed with strategies, tips and a framework for each meeting.
- PDFs + Templates for you to take action and use at every meeting
- Support and Accountability throughout the program in case you get stuck
Here is another shocking statistic for you to think about
Each time you meet it costs you more money than you care to think about.
Here is a simple way to figure it out (by simple I mean that even myself you uses a calculator to add single digits can pull this together :)
- What is your average teacher salary?
- How many participants are at that meeting?
- How long is the meeting?
If your average teacher salary is 35K and you have 10 teachers who meet for 2 hours = $380
And this is not including your salary
Does your meeting give you an ROI of $380?
Or did you spin your wheels for 2 hours and not really get anywhere?
I believe this course can make a dramatic shift in your school.
“Chanie is a ‘teacher’s teacher,’ whose expertise, experience, skills and talents benefit students and faculty alike. Her knowledge of child development coupled with her positive outlook and encouragement make her a superb educator. Her professionalism and expertise will enrich the lives of those she encounters.”
- Mrs. Goldie Golding, Early Childhood Director, Yeshivat Shaare Torah